Health insurance is one of those things that most people know they need, but few actually enjoy researching and purchasing. With numerous products, plan options, and all the complicated fine print, it can be quite a daunting task. In this blog, let’s look at two independent studies which can help you identify the best health insurance policies in 2022.
10 best health insurance policies by Forbes ADVISOR
Forbes ADVISOR presents unbiased insight to help people make financial decisions and choose the right products for their life and goals.
They have ranked the best health insurance policies after analysing 45 health plans based on the following parameters. These parameters were given appropriate weightage based on their relative importance in influencing a customer’s decision to choose a specific health policy to arrive at the final score.
|Factor||Weightage (% of overall score)|
|Sum Insured Amount||20%|
|Network of Hospitals||30%|
|Sub-Limits and Co-Payments||10%|
|Claim Settlement Ratio||20%|
Given below are the 10 best health insurance policies in 2022 according to Forbes ADVISOR
- Best individual health policy – Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Enhanced Plan
- Best comprehensive plan for self & family – ICICI Lombard- Complete Health Insurance Policy
- Best health plan for senior citizens – STAR Health’s Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Policy
- Best women health insurance plan- HDFC ERGO My: Health Women Suraksha
- Best youth plan – Care Youth Health Insurance plan
- Low-cost health insurance plan – Niva Bupa Health Pulse Policy
- Best comprehensive plan for large families – Royal Sundaram Family Plus Policy
- Best critical healthcare plan – Bajaj Allianz Criti Care Policy
- Best personal accident policy – IFFCO Tokio Personal Accident Insurance Policy
- Best top up health insurance plan – Tata AIG Super Top Up Policy
Take a look at their website to understand how these policies were identified.
Top 15 health insurance policies according to the Mint Beshak Insurance Rating
The Mint Beshak Insurance Rating is presented by Mint, a leading Indian financial daily newspaper published by HT Media, in association with Beshak.org, an unbiased insurance discovery platform.
The rating measures how well an insurance company has done in the past with its product promises and claims track record.
After applying the following weights to the product rating and claims track record, the final rating was arrived at.
|Insurers Claims Track Record Rating||20%|
The ratings of the products took into account a number of sub-parameters, such as in-patient hospitalisation benefits, no-claim bonuses, exclusions, etc., based on how likely they are to affect actual hospitalisation claims for individuals and families in the long run.
Under Claims Track Record Rating, insurers were rated based on their claims settled percentage within 30 days and how many complaints they get about claims (per 1000 claims). One thing to note is that in the Mint Beshak insurance ratings, the premium is not a part of the overall product ratings.
Given below are the 10 best health insurance policies according to the Mint Beshak Insurance ratings
- Niva Bupa – Health ReAssure
- Royal Sundaram – Lifeline (Supreme Plan)
- Niva Bupa – Health Companion
- Magma HDI – One Health (Premium Plan)
- HDFC Ergo – Optima Restore
- Aditya Birla Health – Activ Health Platinum (Premiere Plan)
- Edelweiss General – Family Health Insurance (Gold Plan)
- Care Insurance – Care
- ICICI Lombard – Complete Health Insurance (Health Elite Plan)
- HDFC Ergo – Optima Secure
Take a look at their website to understand more.
Hope you enjoyed this article. For more articles please visit my blog: https://rahulsblog.com